A calculated score to measure the overall energy efficiency of a vessel’s design.
Same as EEDI, but retrospectively applied to all vessels.
Grams CO₂ per ton - Nautical (gCO₂/t.Nm)
The smaller the EEXI, the more energy efficient the design of the vessel.
- The IMO have agreed on amendments to MARPOL that require all vessels above 400 GT to:
- Calculate the EEXI and develop an EEXI technical file for the vessel. This Calculated EEXI will be known as the “Attained EEXI’’.
- Have the Calculation verified by the Flag Administration or a Recognised Organisation.
- Ensure the Attained EEXI is below the Required EEXI as defined by vessels type and size*.
- Have the Energy Efficiency (IEEC) Re - Issued.
* If the vessel’s Attained EEXI is greater than the Required EEXI, then the vessel will likely require additional technology installed in order to reduce the vessel’s Attained EEXI and to remain in compliance.
- The EEXI calculation must be done, and the technical file approved by the Recognised Organisation by the vessel’s first annual, intermediate or full renewal of the Air Pollution Prevention Certificate after the 1st January 2023.
Our company has a strong commitment to promote honest conduct and ethical business conduct by all of its employees, and to comply with the laws that govern the conduct of our business worldwide. We believe that a commitment to honesty, ethical conduct and integrity is a valuable asset that builds trust in our customers, suppliers, employees, shareholders and the communities in which we operate.
To implement our commitment, we have developed a code of business ethics and conduct. This code has been designed to deter wrongdoing and to promote honest and ethical conduct, including the ethical handling of actual or apparent conflicts of interest between personal and professional relationships and to avoid any conflicts of interest. A complete copy of the code is available upon request.
We are committed to providing our community and employees the requisite tools and support in ensuring that our collective efforts will build a better and brighter future for all of us. We strongly believe that we are part of a great shipping tradition which has over the years given its best to the global community we live in. Principals such as safety first, environmental sensitivity, giving back to the community, building solid professionalism in our employee base have withstood the test of time and we continue in our efforts to aspire to them.